Preview of Thematic Issues 2023-2024
The editors of the JSSE will publish special issues that explore the following topics in depth:
- Schools as securitised spaces: enactments, pedagogies and policies (1-2023).
- Assessment and national exams in Social Studies education (2-2023).
- Open topics (3-2023; see quarterly call).
- Climate change and environmental activism (4-2023), deadline: May 15, 2023.
- Gender parity in civic and citizenship education (1-2024), deadline: August 19, 2023.
- Change in citizenship and social science education in (post)war time (2-2024), deadline: November 15, 2023.
- Open topics (3-2024; see quarterly call).
- Postcoloniality and social science education (4-2024), deadline: May 15, 2024.
- Philosophy of education and citizenship education (permanent call).
Call for papers with more details are published on the JSSE website.
Guidance about the presentation of articles is available on the JSSE site at www.jsse.org/index.php/jsse/about/submissions#authorGuidelines
Please use the online submission system to submit a paper.
The JSSE adopts the COPE Guidelines on publication ethics.
For matters about these future topics please contact the editors: