Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Please check whether the topic of your paper matches the scope of the JSSE. For details see About JSSE.
- Please specify which call for papers you are referring to (e.g. 4-2022, open call). Add this information to "comments to editors".
- Make sure that a corresponding author is appointed and that affiliation, postal and email addresses are given for all authors.
- Make sure that your manuscript is in the format of the Style Manual of the American Psychological Association and includes up to five highlights, up to five keywords, and an abstract that is structured into at least three sections (purpose, method, etc.). If possible, tables should be inserted in the consecutive text (for further instructions see our Author Guidelines).
- References: A translation of all non-English titles is required. For example: Luhmann, N. (1990/1992). Die Wissenschaft der Gesellschaft [The science of society]. Frankfurt a.M.: Suhrkamp.
- Make sure that your submissen is anonymized.
- The author affirms that this submission has not been previously published elsewhere in any medium.
- Please upload a separate title page for your paper with a brief information on the authors including their institution, field(s) of research, postal adress and email-address. Add the name and email of the corresponding author.
This journal website is part of the BieJournals system of Bielefeld University Library.
Responsible on subject level is the University Library Bielefeld.
In case of questions please refer via E-mail to: email@example.com.
Registration with this journal is only necessary if you wish to submit an article to this journal and if you have not previously registered with a journal offered at biejournals.de or if you wish to use different user accounts for different journals.
Data processing is carried out to create a user account with this journal. The legal basis for this is your consent in accordance with Article 6 (1 a) GDPR. The consent is voluntary and can be revoked at any time and without disadvantages with effect for the future. In the event of revocation, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will then be deleted immediately.
For the creation of the user account, the following data can be entered. The data marked with * must be entered (mandatory fields):
- ORCID iD (see section ORCID synchronization)
- Given name*
- Last name
After registration the follwiing data can be added in your personal profile:
- Preferred Public Name
- E-mail signature
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Role (reader or author)
- Reviewing interests
- Profile image
- Homepage URL
All information can be changed after registration in your personal profile for this journal.
All personal data is stored on specially secured systems at Bielefeld University and is accessible to the editors and the local system administrator. We will not pass personal data on to third parties and will only use them for the purpose of publishing this journal and providing information about it.
In connection with the editorial process, further data is generated, some of which can be assigned to persons (correspondence, etc.). These are stored for the documentation of the editorial process, for the purpose of scientific documentation in the sense of good scientific practice.
You can assert the rights granted to you by the GDPR (information, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection) against the person responsible for this website. The detailed data subject rights such as the right to complain to a supervisory authority and further information can be found in the general data protection declaration of Bielefeld University at
This journal offers logged-in users the possibility of synchronising their own records with ORCID in the form of metadata (information on title, author(s), URL, DOI, etc.).
To use the ORCID functionality, one-off authentication and authorisation in ORCID are required. This can be done on registration or later in the personal profile (Create or Connect Your ORCID iD). With this step, BieJournals is granted the reading and writing rights required to synchronise the publications. The data thus transmitted by ORCID – the ORCID iD and the access token – are permanently stored in the BieJournals database, so that no re-authentication and re-authorisation in ORCID are required.
Submission of articles
By submitting an article, you agree that the article - after completion of the review process and if it is accepted by the editorial board - will be published under the license CC BY-SA. By submitting an article, you also consent to receive notifications - some of them automated - in the system and/or by email, which serve to inform you about the course of the submission process. During the submission process, it is also possible to send messages/emails via the system.
Bielefeld University supports the science policy demand for open access to scientific publications. In this sense, all published articles are presented freely accessible and can be accessed without technical hurdles.
In order to achieve a wide dissemination and visibility of published articles, publication-related data (metadata of published articles) are freely available for subsequent use via established interfaces (e.g. OAI-PMH) and published articles can be indexed by search engines. The same purpose is served by sharing the metadata of published articles with the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the PKP index, and other subject databases. For the assignment of unique identifiers (DOI = Digital Object Identifier), the metadata are passed on to the registration agency DataCite. Published articles are transferred to the German National Library (DNBG) within the scope of the obligation to deliver net publications according to §§ 15 ff. DNBG to the German National Library (DNB) or made available to it for collection.
The following personal data is displayed publicly in connection with the publication of articles:
- Names of authors
- Institution, if applicable
- Contact data, if applicable
- ORCID-iD, if applicable
- Curriculum vitae, if applicable
Deletion of user account / submitted / published articles