Open and Permanent Call for Papers
The editorial team of the Journal of Social Science Education invites authors to submit articles. The JSSE is an international peer-reviewed academic journal in the area of research on teaching and learning in the field of social science education. It is characterised by its orientation towards both theory and research, originality and innovativeness, a strong interdisciplinary approach and internationalism with special attention to the European academic discourse (cf. Concept of the JSSE http://www.jsse.org/info/concept). The JSSE welcomes contributions on a broad range of issues and themes regarding social science education as well as those relevant to the precise subject area chosen as main topic for a particular issue.
Authors may submit their papers at any time. The submissions should reflect the guidance provided under ‘Guidelines for Authors’ (please see http://www.jsse.org/info/authors-reviewers/author-instructions ).
In addition to its focus on peer-reviewed research papers, the journal welcomes other contributions including essays, reports about developments in a country or countries, conference reports, case studies, lesson reports or commentaries.
Based on a thorough selection process regarding the significance of the topic for the academic discourse in the field of social science education, the JSSE ensures quality by a double-blind peer review. At least two reviews provide the basis for the final decision on publication by the Editors.
The Journal of Social Science Education covers a broad range of topics in the field of civic, citizenship, economic and social education. Thematic issues of the JSSE deal with a wide range of significant topics including
- Different cultures in education for democracy and citizenship
- Patriotism, Nationalism, Citizenship
- Critical Civic and Citizenship Education
- Political and economic literacy in the economic crisis
- Heterogeneity and diversity in economic and civic education
- Political, economic and civic literacy, social science literacy
- Teacher education
- Empirical research, qualitative research, comparative research in civic, citizenship and economic education
- Lesson study (“Lehrkunstdidaktik”)
- Standards of education and competencies
- Political legacies and critical education
- Citizenship education in transforming countries
- Media and aesthetics in social science education
- Migration and globalization
- Gender issues
- Sociology in civic education
- Entrepreneurship education
- Human rights education
- Social constructivism
- Disciplinarity and interdisciplinarity
- Civic and economic education in European countries
The Journal of Social Science Education is supported with “Open Journal System” (OJS) – open source software for management and publication of open access journals. The JSSE adopts the COPE Guidelines on publication ethics. All authors are kindly asked to follow the editorial guidelines of JSSE.